Sports Litigation Alert Reports on How an Illinois Judge Sanctioned ChampionsWorld for Failure to Preserve Evidence in Hi-Profile Soccer Case|
- The latest edition of Sports Litigation Alert reports on how a federal judge from the Northern District of Illinois has sanctioned ChampionsWorld LLC for failing to preserve evidence that might have been considered in its long-running antitrust action against the United States Soccer Federation and Major League Soccer.
The court said it would instruct the jury that ChampionsWorld, a former promoter of international professional men's soccer matches, “failed to take appropriate steps to preserve information relevant to the litigation.”
Here are the headlines of the summaries in the current Sports Litigation Alert:
• Judge Sanctions Champions World for Failure to Preserve Evidence in Hi-Profile Soccer Case
• Seventh Circuit Affirms State Athletic Associations' Right to Maintain Broadcast Rights
• Plaintiffs Get Attorneys' Fees after ADA Victory over Redskins
• Court Dismisses Former Coach's Claim against AD, School
And the remaining articles:
• International Tax Issues NBA Players Could Face If They Play Overseas
• Arrington v. NCAA: Overview and Potential Implications
• Battle of the Beer Companies
• Sports Broadcasting Rights in the European Union — A Game Changer?
• Dispute between Cuban and Perot Takes Another Weird Turn
Publishing 24 times a year, the Alert also features a searchable archive of more than 1000 case summaries and articles pertinent to the sports law field.
Subscribe to Sports Litigation Alert by visiting www.sportslitigationalert.com.
The Alert, through Hackney Publications (www.hackneypublications.com), is a member of the National Sports Law Institute and the Sports and Recreation Law Association (http://srlaweb.org/).
About Hackney Publications
Hackney Publications (www.hackneypublications.com) delivers valuable and important information about the legal side of the sports industry. Its overriding mission, through its publications, is to maintain a narrow editorial focus on issues that matter to its subscribers. In addition to Sports Litigation Alert, the company publishes Legal Issues in Collegiate Athletics, Legal Issues in High School Athletics, Professional Sports and the Law and the Journal of NCAA Compliance.
Hackney Publications was founded by journalist Holt Hackney, who has spent 25 years writing about sports, business and the law.
Monday, October 24, 2011 12:10 PM